Friction tape is one of the oldest known electrical tapes. It was designed to replace the cotton jacketing used in early cable and wire assemblies. It is a simple construction of cotton cloth impregnated with a tacky, rubber compound that provides good adhesion to all types of surfaces. These tapes provide excellent protection against abrasion and penetration of wires, cables and splices.
45 – Friction – Standard Grade
- Cotton cloth impregnated with scientifically compounded pure rubber based adhesive for maximum elasticity and moisture resistance.
- Dielectric strength: 1,000 volts.
- Standard color: black.
- Tape Thickness: 15.0 mil
- Tensile Strength: 40 lb/in
45P – Friction – Premium Grade
- Offers excellent mechanical protection against abrasion and penetration of low voltage cable, splices and wire.
- Suitable for temporary binding and harnessing applications.
- Useful for multitude of miscellaneous general purpose uses – i.e. when applied onto tool handles, it provides a non-slip surface.
- Dielectric strength: 1,200 volts.
- Available colors: black and brown.
- Brown version designed for gas / pipeline applications.
- Tape Thickness: 15.0 mil Tensile Strength: 40 lb/in
- Meets ASTM D-69 specifications.